[comp.unix.questions] How to get rfc without ftp access?

peter@aeshq.UUCP (Peter Mielke) (12/01/89)

My boss wants to get some rfc's from rutgers but we don't have ftp access.
Is there a way to get them or could someone mail them to me. The specific
files are:
	rfc973, rfc-index and rfc882/3

Thanx,
--
Peter Mielke                               {utgpu,mnetor}!geac!aeshq!peter
Environment Canada                         Atmospheric Environment Service

In article <343@aeshq.UUCP> peter@aeshq.UUCP (Peter Mielke) writes:
>My boss wants to get some rfc's from rutgers but we don't have ftp access.
>Is there a way to get them or could someone mail them to me. The specific
>files are:
>	rfc973, rfc-index and rfc882/3

  From the RFC-INDEX file:

    Additionally, RFCs may be requested through electronic mail from the
    automated NIC mail server by sending a message to SERVICE@NIC.DDN.MIL
    with a subject line of "RFC ####"

I would assume that you can do "RFC INDEX" or "RFC RFC-INDEX" to get
the index, although I'm not 100% positive about that.  You might want
to try sending mail with the subject "HELP" to service@nic.ddn.mil
just to see what you get back.

Jonathan Kamens			              USnail:
MIT Project Athena				11 Ashford Terrace
jik@Athena.MIT.EDU				Allston, MA  02134
Office: 617-253-8495			      Home: 617-782-0710