[comp.unix.questions] UUCP Administration

olmiller@xibm.asd.contel.com (Otto Miller) (12/05/89)

To uucp administrators/techs:

A little background first!  I am in a position where I *MAY* need to use uucp to
connect multiple 3B2s together.  I know only a little (from reading) about uucp,
but my understanding is uucp initial installation and maintenance is a PAIN!

Based on the above, I am looking for tools to assist in installing and maintaining
uucp configurations.  If this is the wrong forum to ask, any pointers to the
proper forum(s) will be greatly appreciated!  Please reply directly, because
I am not on the distribution for this group.  Thanks in advance.

                                       Sincerely,
Reachable by:                          Otto L. Miller
olmiller@xibm.asd.contel.com
- or -
olmiller@europa.asd.contel.com

RSPELLMAN@bat.bates.edu (12/05/89)

Since you have 3b2s, the sysadm package already has tools for doing this.
Type sysadm uucpmgmt.  Administering UUCP isn't all that bad!

Rob Spellman
Bates College Computing Center
RSpellman@Bat.Bates.edu

jerry@gistdev.gist.com (Jerry Keith Waltz, Esq.) (12/06/89)

RSPELLMAN@bat.bates.edu writes:

>Since you have 3b2s, the sysadm package already has tools for doing this.
>Type sysadm uucpmgmt.  Administering UUCP isn't all that bad!

>Rob Spellman
>Bates College Computing Center
>RSpellman@Bat.Bates.edu

If you want to understand what you are doing with the sysadm
package....

I would suggest you get ahold of
"Managing UUCP and Usenet"
a nutshell handbook from O'Reilly & Associates
(981 Chestnut Street/Newton MA 02159) at 1-800-338-NUTS
or email to uunet!ora!nuts

This book has been very useful and is very informative. How it works!

 --
Jerry Waltz	 Global Information Systems Technology, Inc.
		 1800 Woodfield Drive

UUCP:    ...uunet!gistdev!jerry
INTERNET: jerry%gistdev@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
ATTMAIL: ...attmail!gistqa!jwaltz
PHONE: (217) 352-1165				 #include <std_disclaimer>