[comp.unix.questions] Comments in crontab

rh26@prism.gatech.EDU (Robert L. Howard) (12/20/89)

I have several lines in my crontab file that I'd like to remove
temporarily, so just commenting them out seems like the way to
go.  Is this possible using a '#' ?  (This is SunOS 4.0.3c)  The
manual doesn't say much either way.  I'm also hesitant to just
'go for it'...

Thanks,
Robert
--
Robert L. Howard  (GTRI/STL/MSD)             (404) 528-7165
uucp:     ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,ut-ngp}!gatech!prism!rh26

hoyt@bessie.alf.dec.com (Kurt Hoyt) (12/20/89)

In article <4449@hydra.gatech.EDU> rh26@prism.gatech.EDU (Robert L. Howard) writes:
>I have several lines in my crontab file that I'd like to remove
>temporarily, so just commenting them out seems like the way to
>go.  Is this possible using a '#' ?  (This is SunOS 4.0.3c)  The

Yes.

Kurt Hoyt
Digital Equipment Corporation
hoyt@decatl.alf.dec.com
"Daddy, you not people, you a GUY! Mommy a girl." -- Faith Hoyt