[comp.unix.questions] using RCS with make

dwb@hare.udev.cdc.com (dw block x-4621) (01/17/90)

Is there some way to get the make utility to understand RCS files?  I would
like to have make know how to create a .f file from a .f,v RCS file.

I have heard that the latest version of make from AT&T has this capability.
If this is true, any idea when it will be available on MIPS?

Dave Block                    E-mail:  gwk@hare.udev.cdc.com
Control Data Corp.            AT&T:    (612) 482-4621

ilan343@violet.berkeley.edu (01/17/90)

In article <15093@shamash.cdc.com> dwb@hare.udev.cdc.com (dw block x-4621) writes:
>Is there some way to get the make utility to understand RCS files?  I would
>like to have make know how to create a .f file from a .f,v RCS file.

I had the same problem a while ago. The easiest way to fix it was to
install GNUmake.