[comp.unix.questions] Using 'find' with negation of primaries

jon@jonlab.UUCP (Jon H. LaBadie) (02/01/90)

In article <2840@auspex.auspex.com>, guy@auspex.auspex.com (Guy Harris) writes:
> >Somewhere between SunOS 4.0 and 4.0.3 find changed.  4BSD find
> >(this is the origin of -newer, is it not?),
>
> Maybe, maybe not; it's in the S5R3 "find", so it may date back to V7
> (anybody have the code or documents handy?  I no longer do...).

I've got both SVR2 and Western Electric, UNIX System Release 5.0 docs
(yes, before the 5 became a roman V), and both list the -newer option
on the find command.

--
Jon LaBadie
{att, princeton, bcr}!jonlab!jon

maart@cs.vu.nl (Maarten Litmaath) (02/02/90)

\
\Maybe, maybe not; it's in the S5R3 "find", so it may date back to V7
\(anybody have the code or documents handy?  I no longer do...).

It dates back to V7 indeed: I checked the V7 manuals, a sentimental journey...
--
  What do the following have in common:  access(2), SysV echo, O_NONDELAY?  |
  Maarten Litmaath @ VU Amsterdam:  maart@cs.vu.nl,  uunet!mcsun!botter!maart