[comp.unix.questions] VI && Unix Questions Archive

AGRISCS@umcvmb.missouri.edu (Don Ingli) (01/05/90)

First of all, I posted this to both unixwiz and infounix because I do not
have cross-posting capabilities nor access to comp.unix.questions...
Right now.. I'm bitnet/internet only....  :(

VI, A friend in my department is giving training to beginners on VI.
Could you all send me any quick help files/tips so that I may compile
all of them into 1 help file.  Remember that these people are not computer
people and thus beginners.  I will send my compilation to anyone who
requests it.....

Unix.questions, Is there an archive of ALL of the questions and answers??
I want all of the question/answers for a database I am writing....
I have FTP access to internet....  is it at UUNET.UU.NET??  Also, do
any of you have such a database of questions you wish to share???

Thanx.. and sorry for the double post....  :)

 DON INGLI-United States Department of Agriculture - Soil Conservation Service+
 bitnet: agriscs@umcvmb.bitnet  internet: agriscs@umcvmb.missouri.edu         |
 uucp: uunet!umcvmb.missouri.edu!agriscs                         +------------+
 attmail: attmail!attbl!arpa!umcvmb.missouri.edu!agriscs         |  2b||!2b=? |
 ALL OPINIONS IN THIS NOTE ARE OF MY OWN AND DO NOT REPRESENT THE| Shakespeare|
 FEDERAL GOVERNMENT NOR THE UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI-COLUMBIA------+------------+

drears@pica.army.mil (Dennis G. Rears (FSAC)) (01/05/90)

Don:

   If you or anyone else is interested I have developed a 6 hour
course for vi that I use for teaching vi.   It's free to anyone who
wants it.  Just email me and I will send it.  It's in ascii format
with FF as page separators.
  I also have an email course based upon the MMDF mail system.

Dennis

hpn@att.att.com (01/06/90)

I'll take a copy of that VI teaching program(s).

Huy Nguyen
mwood!attcc!hpn@att.att.com

drears@pica.army.mil (Dennis G. Rears (FSAC)) (01/09/90)

Last week I wrote:

> Don:
>
>    If you or anyone else is interested I have developed a 6 hour
> course for vi that I use for teaching vi.   It's free to anyone who
> wants it.  Just email me and I will send it.  It's in ascii format
> with FF as page separators.
>   I also have an email course based upon the MMDF mail system.
>
> Dennis

  I have gotten over a hundred requests and they are still coming in.
I will send copies to all requests.  I am handling the requests as best
as I can.  Please give me a week before you
remail any requests.

Dennis

michaels@pyrnova (michael sakayeda) (01/10/90)

 hi,

 i would also like a copy when you get a chance...

 +---------------+

drears@BRL.MIL (ARDEC|mike) (01/12/90)

  About 10 days ago I wrote:

  >Don:
  >
  >   If you or anyone else is interested I have developed a 6 hour
  >course for vi that I use for teaching vi.   It's free to anyone who
  >wants it.  Just email me and I will send it.  It's in ascii format
  >with FF as page separators.
  >  I also have an email course based upon the MMDF mail system.
  >
  >Dennis

    I have received many failed mailed messages while trying to send out
these courses.  All four of my courses are now available by anonymous
ftp.  They are on vgr.brl.mil.  They are located in pub/courses.  the
following is the README file I have placed in that directory:

DATE 11 Jan 89

    Hi.  This directory contains the files for all my courses.  Below is
an explanation for all of them:

README - The file you are reading.

READMETOO - Info about the courses.

course.tar - A tar file for the vi, mmdf mail, mmdf advanced mail, and
basic course.

---
vi.txt - The complete vi course.

vi.tar - A tar image of the vi course directory structure.  Each
directory is a chapter of the course.  Each page is a file itself.  Run
makevi to make the current version of the course.

---

email.txt - A basic mmdf course.  Includes how to use send & msg.  The man
pages for (send, msg, maildelivery) should be added to the end of this
file.

email.tar - A tar image of the email course directory structure.  Each
directory is a chapter of the course.  Each page is a file itself.  Run
makevi to make the current version of the course.  A portion of the
course (411) talks about a localized command.

---

tailor.txt - A course that explains how to tailor the files:
.msgrc, .sendrc, and .maildelivery.  A MMDF mail course.

tailor.tar - A tar image of the tailor course.

---

unix - A short basic unix course.  I have only taught this a couple of
times.  I am no very proud of it as it need to go through several
revisions.

unix.tar - A tar image of the course.
---
			Dennis G. Rears
ARPA: drears@ac4.pica.army.mil   UUCP:  ...!uunet!ac4.pica.army.mil!drears
AT&T: 201-724-6639		 USPS:	Box 210, Wharton, NJ 07885
Work: SMCAR-FSS-E, Bldg 94, Picatinny Ars, NJ 07806
ALternates:   drears@brl.mil
	      drears@pilot.njin.net

unix@dtix.dt.navy.mil (R. L. Yearick) (02/02/90)

I would be very interested in getting a copy of your course work for
teaching vi.  We have been thinking about teaching a vi class for some
time.

Thanks!!

Helen Piff
piff@dtrc.dt.navy.mil