[comp.unix.questions] KSH 88 help requested

75046.606@CompuServe.COM (Larry W. Virden) (02/23/90)

I am looking for patches and doc for ksh88.  When we were sent our copy
from the ATT toolchest, we apparently didnt receive the unformatted
doc that we had requested.  Now we are trying to track it down.
Also, we have been told in private email messages hat there have
been a number of 'minor fixes' made to the initial version of ksh88 from
folks who SHOULD know.  But when we try to talk to the Toolchest about
getting an update, we are told that the original version available
is the only version and that there are no updates available.  But
we are getting some core dumps in at least two places (on a Sun SPARC
and one place on a
Sun 386i) and would like to find the fixes for these.  Are there
any patches available on the net?

ry@cbnewsl.ATT.COM (ryerson.schwark) (02/28/90)

In article <"900222174030.75046.606.CHD59-1"@CompuServe.COM> 75046.606@CompuServe.COM (Larry W. Virden) writes:
>I am looking for patches and doc for ksh88.  When we were sent our copy
>from the ATT toolchest, we apparently didnt receive the unformatted
>doc that we had requested.  Now we are trying to track it down.
>Also, we have been told in private email messages hat there have
>been a number of 'minor fixes' made to the initial version of ksh88 from
>folks who SHOULD know.  But when we try to talk to the Toolchest about
>getting an update, we are told that the original version available
>is the only version and that there are no updates available.  But
>we are getting some core dumps in at least two places (on a Sun SPARC
>and one place on a
>Sun 386i) and would like to find the fixes for these.  Are there
>any patches available on the net?

The AT&T UNIX System Toolchest is currently distributing version 11/16/88d of
the Korn shell, which is the latest version available.	This version has been
sent out to everyone who has purchased ksh-88 from the Toolchest
and who has maintained a valid uucp link. While this update technique
was not used in the past for ksh, we've always answered inquiries about
updates.  As far as the "folks who should know", we get our updates directly
from David Korn @ AT&T-BL, so we know about new versions as they happen.
David has been very helpful and forthcoming in getting updates to our
customers.

I encourage anyone who has any questions to call me or send me email
at the address below.  Mr. Virden received his update the day before
he posted.

Tom Allocco
Business Managar
AT&T UNIX System Toolchest