[comp.unix.questions] PC hardware lie

lws@comm.WANG.COM (Lyle Seaman) (03/03/90)

prc@erbe.se (Robert Claeson) writes:
>In article <9000027@m.cs.uiuc.edu>, carroll@m.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

>> >Problem: the printer prints _excruciatingly_ slowly.

>The PC hardware often claim to send interrupts correctly when the printer
>is ready to receive. However, this is in most cases a d*mned lie...

This is very interesting.  I would like more information on what makers
do this.  Would anyone who has had experience with this, e-mail me their
equipment manufacturer name (motherboard or box, or if separate card)
and whether they see this problem or not?  I will post a summary to
this group or another group, or will mail results to interested parties.
Thanks,
Lyle.
lws@comm.wang.com    -or-
lws%comm.wang.com@uunet.uu.net     -or-