[comp.unix.questions] Need References on Testing UNIX System Performance

gerry@dialogic.UUCP (Gerry Lachac) (02/15/90)

The subject pretty much says it all.  I am looking for books,
articles, reports, or papers about techniques in testing UNIX system
performance, especially in realtime situations.  If anyone knows of
anything, or has found some reference to be particularly useful,
please send some email my way.

Thanks.

uunet!dialogic!gerry   | "Even a dead plant turns  |	Dialogic Corporation
	OR	       |  over a new leaf 	   |	300 Littleton Rd
gerry@dialogic.UUCP    |  when the wind blows."	   |	Parsippany, NJ 07054

lutmann@geocub.greco-prog.fr (03/02/90)

In article <1075@dialogic.UUCP> gerry@dialogic.UUCP (Gerry Lachac) writes:
>[...] anything, or has found some reference to be particularly useful,
>please send some email my way.

            Me too !

                    Thanks,
                            Johan

.-----------------------------.
|           Johan             |    ...!uunet!mcvsun!inria!geocub!goofi!lutmann
| On goofi, at ENSERB, France |    ...!uunet!mcvsun!inria!geocub!deimos!pat
`-----------------------------'

dwc@cbnewsh.ATT.COM (Malaclypse the Elder) (03/05/90)

there are probably tons of papers that deal with measuring
and testing performance.  look in past usenix conferences
proceedings.  if you want specific techniques, i think that
jeff lankford's paper around the 1984 time frame (for usenix)
describes some common benchmarks that are run.

if you have any particular problem in mind, send me mail and
maybe i can provide a specific reference.

danny chen
att!hocus!dwc