[comp.unix.questions] Korn Shell Source

lmorales@huachuca-emh8.army.mil (< Luis F. Morales,Jr. >) (03/03/90)

I have several systems in house that do not provide the Korn shell and I
would like to try it out as I have heard so many good things about it.
Is there source code available anywhere that I could port to my Unix boxes?

Thanks in advance,

Luis F. Morales,Jr.
Computer Engineering Center
Ft. Huachuca, AZ

In article <22629@adm.BRL.MIL> lmorales@huachuca-emh8.army.mil (< Luis F. Morales,Jr. >) writes:

>I have several systems in house that do not provide the Korn shell and I
>would like to try it out as I have heard so many good things about it.
>Is there source code available anywhere that I could port to my Unix boxes?

It's available from the AT&T Toolchest (201-522-6900, 1200 baud, "guest" login)
for $3,000.  (or $20,000 if you want a reseller's license).

If you are not a current System V source customer you will be required to
sign a license agreement and pay a $100 registration fee before you can
order stuff from there.

Standard no-association disclaimers apply.
                                                Sterling, VA 22170

andrew@uel.co.uk (Andrew Josey) (03/05/90)

In article <22629@adm.BRL.MIL>, lmorales@huachuca-emh8.army.mil (< Luis F. Morales,Jr. >) writes:

> Is there source code available anywhere that I could port to my Unix boxes?

It is available in source from the UNIX(R) System Toolchest.
In the U.S.A. this can be reached at att!pluto!tcadmin.
In Europe, an automatic information server is available at tc-info@uel.co.uk,
to get an index of available information give the subject: index, for an
overview of the ksh give a subject field: ksh-88

dold@mitisft.Convergent.COM (Clarence Dold) (03/06/90)

in article <1990Mar3.171128.29700@virtech.uucp>, cpcahil@virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) says:

>>I have several systems in house that do not provide the Korn shell and I
>>would like to try it out as I have heard so many good things about it.
>>Is there source code available anywhere that I could port to my Unix boxes?

> available from the AT&T Toolchest (201-522-6900, 1200 baud, "guest" login)
> for $3,000.  (or $20,000 if you want a reseller's license).

The $3000 for source is for a 'company', not a site, so if "Army" is
considered a company, the source might already be paid for in Louis' case.
--
---
Clarence A Dold - dold@tsmiti.Convergent.COM            (408) 435-5293