[comp.unix.questions] print/batch jobs to MVS

ddk@lanl.gov (David D Kaas) (03/18/90)

  I am looking for some information on TCP/IP running on MVS.

Are there any implementations of lpr?  If not are there any other
ways of tranferring print/plot files to an MVS machine with TCP/IP from
a UNIX machine?

Are there any programs that allow jobs to be submitted to an MVS machine
over TCP/IP from a UNIX machine?

Thanks in advance.

Dave Kaas
Boeing Computer Services Richland
D. O. E.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 376-6386
e41126%rlvax3.lanl.gov
ddk@beta.lanl.gov

--
Dave Kaas - D.O.E. Richland, Wa.
	e41126%rlvax3.xnet@lanl.gov

walt@ntrlink.UUCP (Walter Johnson) (03/20/90)

In article <46207@lanl.gov> ddk@lanl.gov (David D Kaas) writes:

>  I am looking for some information on TCP/IP running on MVS.
>
>Are there any implementations of lpr?

Yes.  ACCES/MVS from ACC includes a print server for the UNIX lpr
command.

>Are there any programs that allow jobs to be submitted to an MVS machine
>over TCP/IP from a UNIX machine?

ACCES/MVS supports an ftp server that allows data transfers to MVS to be
submitted as a batch job to MVS via the JES Internal Reader facility.

For more information, contact ACC (try (301)290-8100).