[comp.unix.questions] Default switches for lp?

jessea@dynasys.UUCP (Jesse W. Asher) (03/25/90)

I run AT+T Unix V/386 3.2 on a single-user system.  I'm tired of
typing in -onobanner everytime I want to print something because I
don't want banner pages.  I don't need them.  So, is there a way
to set something that it will not do this by default (both system
and/or user)?  Is there some file that I can set up for both the
system and particular users to customize lp?  Thanx in advance.

--
Jesse W. Asher - Dynasys - (901)382-1705     Evening: (901)382-1609
6196-1 Macon Rd., Suite 200, Memphis, TN 38134

terry@pride386.UUCP (Terry Lyons) (03/27/90)

In article <113@dynasys.UUCP>, jessea@dynasys.UUCP (Jesse W. Asher) writes:
>   I'm tired of
> typing in -onobanner everytime I want to print something because I
> don't want banner pages.  I don't need them.  So, is there a way
> to set something that it will not do this by default (both system
> and/or user)?

look for /etc/default/lp or whatever looks close on your system
then change banners=1 to 0
or edit the lp/interface/(printername) file and force banners to be 0
 OR
make sure your PATH looks at $home/bin first and put something like this in
your bin:
1. make an executable file named lp
2. put the commands in that your tired of typing e.g.: /bin/lp -obanners
-ocompressed -dlazer
and away you go...

*  UUNET	...!pride386!terry       *  FAX	(714) 739 - 2203         *
*  Pern is a dragons best freind                                         *