[comp.unix.questions] Archive to tape software

ZZASSGL%cms.manchester-computing-centre.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk (03/26/90)

I am looking for a file archive system for a large Sys V Unix (UTS) system.

It should include automatic migration of old, rarely used files to tape
as well as explicit user requests for files to be archived.  The files
should be retrievable by user command, or even better, automatically when
a file is referenced.

Geoff. Lane.
UTS Sys Admin
mcc

brando@uiucme2.me.uiuc.edu (Brando W. Brown) (03/28/90)

In article <22860@adm.BRL.MIL> ZZASSGL%cms.manchester-computing-centre.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk writes:

>I am looking for a file archive system for a large Sys V Unix (UTS) system.

Try REELbackup by Sceptre Corporation. It supporsts tape recycling, mailing
to administration personnel, paging administrators, etc...

+============================================================================+
|   Brandon Brown                    Internet:   brando@uiucme.me.uiuc.edu   |
|   Addamax Corporation              UUCP:       uunet!uiucuxc!addamax!brown |
|   2009 Fox Drive                   GEnie:      xmg23356 macbrando          |
|   Champaign, IL  61820             CompuServe: 73040,447                   |
+============================================================================+

haral@unisol.UUCP (Haral Tsitsivas) (04/08/90)

In article <22860@adm.BRL.MIL> ZZASSGL%cms.manchester-computing-centre.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk writes:
>I am looking for a file archive system for a large Sys V Unix (UTS) system.

Try SysAdmin (which has backup, restore, archive and Tape Library management)
from UniSolutions, (213) 542-0068.

--Haral Tsitsivas
  UniSolutions Associates
  Voice: (213) 542-0068