[comp.unix.questions] RZSZ How to redirect input under kermit

kdq@demott.COM (Kevin D. Quitt) (04/08/90)

on the UNIX system's modem, which I can do, also using kermit.

    I need to be able to download files from the BBS's and most of them
do not have kermit.  Ok, so I got RZSZ.... from simtel.  Between the UNIX
host and the local machine it runs great; I run it directly on unix, and
under kermit on my local machine.

    How do I get the UNIX rz to read a file from the modem port rather
than the terminal port?  Remember that I'm already connected using kermit,
and that kermit doesn't do redirection.  I'd greatly appreciate any ideas.

kdq

P.S. I've tried 'R'ing TFM, but I don't see the info
--

 _
Kevin D. Quitt                          Manager, Software Development

 "Next time, Jack, write a God-damned memo!" - Jack Ryan - Hunt for Red October

scjones@sdrc.UUCP (Larry Jones) (04/08/90)

In article <131@demott.COM>, kdq@demott.COM (Kevin D. Quitt) writes:
>     How do I get the UNIX rz to read a file from the modem port rather
> than the terminal port?  Remember that I'm already connected using kermit,
> and that kermit doesn't do redirection.  I'd greatly appreciate any ideas.

C-Kermit>! rz </dev/tty01 >/dev/tty01

Works for me!
----
Larry Jones                         UUCP: uunet!sdrc!scjones
SDRC                                      scjones@SDRC.UU.NET
Milford, OH  45150-2789             AT&T: (513) 576-2070
"You know how Einstein got bad grades as a kid?  Well MINE are even WORSE!"
-Calvin