[comp.unix.questions] socket reference list

TAYBENGH%NUSDISCS.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (04/10/90)

In info-unix, Dan (brnstnd@stealth.acf.nyu.edu) writes:

>A correspondent suggested that I propose my auth package as a BSD socket
>reference, because it shows---in a real-world context---every socket call
>you need for real-world Internet programming (other than OOB). My auth
>package is a BSD Internet socket reference, but for a different reason:
>once you start using it, you'll never need network system calls again,
>so you can throw away all your other references.
>
>(Okay, I'm exaggerating, but by a lot less than you think.)
>
>---Dan

I am very interested in your auth package, could u please elaborate more
about it. What's the different between your package and BSD socekt? Is it in
public domain? If it is public domain, where can I FTP from internet? When it
will be available?

- Beng Hang Tay (email: taybengh@nusdiscs.bitnet)
  Department of Information Systems and Computer Science
  NUS