[comp.unix.questions] X queries

klee@wsl.dec.com (Ken Lee) (05/02/90)

In article <1990Apr26.122513.22794@cid.aes.doe.CA>,
afsipmh@cid.aes.doe.CA (Patrick Hertel) writes:
>  In SUNTOOLS there is a function notify_set_itimer_func. Is there something
> equivalent in X Windows? I.E. we would like a function which  would allow us
> to block on an event of our choosing (other than keyboard, mouse etc.)
> such as a timer event or "data available" event.

The X Toolkit provides support for timers and input waiting events.
Since X attempts to be operating system independent, the core X
protocol does not support unusual events, but some vendors have added
these as extensions.

Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
Internet: klee@wsl.dec.com
uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee