[comp.unix.questions] Looking for inexpensive multiport card

larry@syscon.UUCP (Larry Snyder) (05/04/90)

> quoted ~650.00 canadian for an AST 4 port card and think that is outrageous
> for four uarts and some glue.

The Digiboard 8 port dumb boards are going for around $450 (wholesale US$)
and are excellent and supported by most operating systems.

--
Larry Snyder
larry@nstar

chip@chinacat.Unicom.COM (Chip Rosenthal) (05/05/90)

In article <109@syscon.UUCP> larry@syscon.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:
>The Digiboard 8 port dumb boards are going for around $450 (wholesale US$)
>and are excellent and supported by most operating systems.

They ship with *socketed* 16450 UART's.  I talked to Digiboard about them
recently, and they said they would be willing to ship them with empty
sockets or with 16550's.  I don't know if they've got some minimum quantity
they want to do this, though.
--
Chip Rosenthal                            |  You aren't some icon carved out
chip@chinacat.Unicom.COM                  |  of soap, sent down here to clean