[comp.unix.questions] SysVR4 for 386.

ATT3B%UCONNVM.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu ( Martin Stein) (05/07/90)

I am pretty shure, that Motif, X11R3 cc (=SDS) will be included in
Rel4. I wish i could give you the phonenumber of intel. What the guy told
me sounded impressive. But they probably won't make it until july - as
everybody does in software development.

What i did was: i saw an add in UnixWorld from Att about Rel4 (This
people have seen the future" or so). There was a phonenumber i called.
They sent me to intel, to some small office it sounded. They called me
back and we had a little chit-chat. Not too much. However, there is
a bit on Rel4 in the press. Read the last issues of UnixWorld.

Martin

P.S. Fortran? thank god that this doesn't waste my diskspace >:-)

ag@cbmvax.commodore.com (Keith Gabryelski) (05/08/90)

In article <23258@adm.BRL.MIL> ATT3B%UCONNVM.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu
(Martin Stein) writes:
>I am pretty shure, that Motif, X11R3 cc (=SDS) will be included in
>Rel4.

FYI, Motif is not included in System V Release 4.  The standard window
manager will be Open Look.

Some r4 vendors will include Motif (Dell for instance) but it may not
be available from all of them.

Pax, Keith