[comp.unix.questions] Postscript preview

Anthony_J._Schaefer.ESNTSC@xerox.com (05/25/90)

There is also a package called Lasertalk PC made by Emerald City Software
of Menlo Park Ca.  I haved not used it but it is more or else a development
environment with preview and interactive editor and debuger.

friedl@mtndew.UUCP (Stephen J. Friedl) (05/26/90)

In article <23443@adm.BRL.MIL>, Anthony_J._Schaefer.ESNTSC@xerox.com writes:
> There is also a package called Lasertalk PC made by Emerald City Software
> of Menlo Park Ca.  I haved not used it but it is more or else a development
> environment with preview and interactive editor and debuger.

Keep in mind that Lasertalk is just a friendly front end for your
printer.  It lets you type in commands, look at the stack, browse
dictionaries (!) and preview output, but the printer is doing all
the work.  Apparently, they got Adobe to add rasterization hooks
to the language, so they dump bitmaps down the serial line (ugh).
It is NOT a PostScript interpreter.

     Steve

--
Stephen J. Friedl, KA8CMY / Software Consultant / Tustin, CA / 3B2-kind-of-guy
+1 714 544 6561  / friedl@mtndew.Tustin.CA.US  / {uunet,attmail}!mtndew!friedl