[comp.unix.questions] Keymapping for TRW OSC LAN software

rdc30med@nmrdc1.nmrdc.nnmc.navy.mil (LCDR Michael E. Dobson) (05/30/90)

in 9005171817.aa00898@VGR.BRL.MIL lwrclmr@sacemnet.af.mil writes:

 >Our system is a 3B2 running UNIX as a host on an Ethernet LAN.  We are using
 >DOS PCs (AT clones) running TRW OSC software to access the LAN.  My problem
 >is the terminal emulation of the OSC software.  The program is supposed to
 >emulate a VT220t terminal.  The problem is, it doesn't.  The function keys
 >don't line up and the keypad cursors don't work.

 	The problem is that you haven't completely installed the DOS portion
  of the software.  The tnvt terminal emulator program relies on an external
  keymap file to generate the correct sequences when function keys and cursor
  keys are depresssed.  The files you need are TNVT-1.MAP for an 84 key keyboard
  and TNVT-2.MAP for the 101-key keyboard.  They should be in the same directory
  as the rest of the LAN software on your PC.  In addition, you need to set an
  environment variable called vt220_keymap.  Add the following line to
  STARTUP.BAT in your LAN directory:

  	SET VT220_KEYMAP = TNVT-1.MAP  for 84-key keybord or
  			   TNVT-2.MAP for 101-key keyboard

  Mike Dobson
  Sys Admin for nmrdc1.nmrdc.nnmc.navy.mil (3B2/600G runing Sys V R 3.2) and
                code30.nmrdc.nnmc.navy.mil (Z-248 running Minix 1.5.9) and
                bilbo (LE Model M running Minix 1.5.9)

  Internet:  rdc30med@nmrdc1.nmrdc.nnmc.navy.mil or (as soon as I get smail up)

             code30!rdc30med@nmrdc1.nmrdc.nnmc.navy.mil (Minix at work) or
             bilbo!med@nmrdc1.nmrdc.nnmc.navy.mil (Minix at home)

  BITNET:    dobson@usuhsb.BITNET
  MCI Mail:  377-2719 or 0003772719@NRI.mcimail.com

  PhoneNet:  (301)295-1453 or A/V 295-1453