[comp.unix.questions] Where should I go to find a terminfo/termcap description?

greyham@hades.OZ (Greyham Stoney) (05/29/90)

Is there some central registry of terminfo/termcap descriptions anywhere?.
I'm really after a Terminfo for an ICL6402; but I don't know where to start
looking.
					Any help appreciated,
						Greyham.
--
/*  Greyham Stoney:                            Australia: (02) 428 6476  *
 *    greyham@hades.oz  - Ausonics Pty Ltd, Lane Cove, Sydney, Oz.

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (05/30/90)

In article <697@hades.OZ> greyham@hades.OZ (Greyham Stoney) writes:
>Is there some central registry of terminfo/termcap descriptions anywhere?.
>I'm really after a Terminfo for an ICL6402; but I don't know where to start
>looking.

Originally, Berkeley would accumulate submitted termcap descriptions,
but since the people who used to do that have moved on, I don't know
whether they still do that.  I collect them and from time to time add
some of my backlog of collected new descriptions to BRL's /etc/termcap,
and I imagine that other sites do something similar.  I don't happen to
have an ICL6402 description, though.  If you have the manual for that
terminal, any termcap/terminfo guru should be able to create a working
description using the manual as a guide.  The alternative is to ask in
comp.terminals, as you have (in effect) done, and hope that somebody
who has already done this work will mail you a copy.  Good luck!

shwake@raysnec.UUCP (Ray Shwake) (06/01/90)

In article <697@hades.OZ> greyham@hades.OZ (Greyham Stoney) writes:
>Is there some central registry of terminfo/termcap descriptions anywhere?.
>I'm really after a Terminfo for an ICL6402; but I don't know where to start
>looking.

Assuming that ICL itself can't provide the info (which one might assume
it can), find out if the ICL6402 represents a simple renaming of some
other terminal. I know that ICL recently purchased Computer Consoles (CCI);
perhaps the terminal once had another moniker.