[comp.unix.questions] Looking for termcap

rob@uokmax.uucp (Bolo) (06/09/90)

Help!
I need some information (or a termcap entry, if possible) for a Graphon 225
terminal. One of our users has one in his office. He has no manual or any
other information about it. We've tried a bunch of already present entries,
but the screen seems to always end up "frozen". Has anyone ever heard of
this terminal?
	Thanks,
	Robert
--
Robert K. Shull
rob@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu				chinet!uokmax!rob

karish@mindcrf.UUCP (06/09/90)

In article <1990Jun8.203956.18212@uokmax.uucp> rob@uokmax.uucp (Bolo) writes:
>I need some information (or a termcap entry, if possible) for a Graphon 225
>terminal. One of our users has one in his office. He has no manual or any
>other information about it. We've tried a bunch of already present entries,
>but the screen seems to always end up "frozen". Has anyone ever heard of
>this terminal?

Sure.  It's newer than the GO-235 whose manual I have at hand.  Based
on the number I assume that it's a text-only terminal, probably with
several pages of screen memory.

GraphOn terminals are DEC emulators; they have no unusual native mode.
I use them with vt102 or vt100 termcap entries, and they work fine.

Check the setup parameters.  These terminals have VT220-style setup
menus, so that should be possible even without a manual.  If that
doesn't work, you might break down and call 1-800-GRAPHON and ask them
for a manual.
--

	Chuck Karish		karish@mindcraft.com
	Mindcraft, Inc.		(415) 323-9000