[net.music] new novelty song

tommyo (05/06/83)

Relay-Version:version B 2.10 gamma 4/3/83; site mhuxt.UUCP
Posting-Version:version B 2.10 gamma 4/7/83; site ihuxw.UUCP
Date:Fri, 6-May-83 15:18:45 EDT
Organization:BTL Naperville, Il.

I heard a really funny new novelty tune on a local station yesterday(WKQX-Chic)
that is a take-off on Toni Basil`s song(?) "Hey, Mickey".  It`s called
"Hey, Ricky" and is sung as a duet by Lucy and Ricky "BAA-BAA-LOOOO" Ricardo.
It was really good.  Unfortunately, I missed the beginning and din`t hear
who does it.  Has anyone else heard this, like any Dr. Demento fans hiding
out there?  I`d like to get a copy of it if it`s been released.

Tom O`Connor
ihuxw!tommyo

philt (05/06/83)

Date:Fri, 6-May-83 16:56:02 EDT
Organization:BTL Naperville, Il.

The song "Hey Ricky" is by "crazy" Al Yankovik(?).
He is a regular on Dr. Demento with accordion instrumented take-offs on
songs. Such as "yoda" to the tune of "Lola"

enid (05/09/83)

	To Tom O'Connor and anyone else who's curious:
Al Jankovich (Weird Al Jankovich, if you listen to Dr. D) wrote "Hey,
Ricky!" and also sings it.  I don't remember the other singer's name but she
does a good Lucille Ball-Arnaz, Sr.

				genrad!mit-eddie!enid

grw (05/10/83)

Relay-Version:version B 3/9/83; site harpo.UUCP
Date:Tue, 10-May-83 12:26:24 EDT

  It's not "crazy" Al Yankovic, it's WEIRD Al Yankovic!  Famous for
such hits as "Driving in the Lane with Diamonds", "My Bologna" and
"It's Still Billy Joel to me".  (and can we forget, "Baby likes Burping"?).
He is also famous for doing all his songs on accordion, and played the
accordion parts on Barnes & Barnes Voobaha album.

						-Glenn

grw@fortune.UUCP (06/03/83)

The theme from Gilligan's Island is quite versatile.  I saw a wonderful
comedy skit a year or so ago where the words to Amazing Grace were set
to the tune of Gilligan's Island.  It matched perfectly, and sounded
hilarious.

							-Glenn