[comp.unix.questions] Curses: How to make cursor invisible?

ramkuma@d.cs.okstate.edu (RAMKUMAR P RANGANA) (07/04/90)

HI Ya'll!

	I need to turn the cursor off (make it invisible) in
	my program. I am using curses and tried using leaveok()
	but didn't help.

	Any suggestions would be appreciated.

	I tried to find out the escape sequence for the
	vi = .. (entry in termcap) for making the cursor invisible
	but could find one. I could not find the same in the
	terminal manual for VT220.

	I am using ULTRIX(tm) which is 4.3 BSD.

	Thanx.

	- RAM KUMAR
	  ramkuma@a.cs.okstate.edu

*								*
*            Ram Kumar     -    ramkuma@d.cs.okstate.edu  	*
*								*

omerzu@quando.quantum.de (Thomas Omerzu) (07/04/90)

In article <1990Jul3.203337.6434@d.cs.okstate.edu>
ramkuma@d.cs.okstate.edu (RAMKUMAR P RANGANA) writes:

>HI Ya'll!
>
>	I tried to find out the escape sequence for the
>	vi = .. (entry in termcap) for making the cursor invisible
>	but could find one. I could not find the same in the
>	terminal manual for VT220.
[...]

Try to use
	<ESC>[?25l
to make cursor invisible and
	<ESC>[?25h
to enable cursor again.

Hope it works for your terminal.

Thomas Omerzu      UUCP:     ...!unido!quando!omerzu / omerzu@quando.uucp
  Quantum GmbH,    Bitnet:   UNIDO!quando!omerzu / omerzu%quando@UNIDO(.bitnet)
Dortmund, Germany  Internet: omerzu@quando.quantum.de

tif@doorstop.austin.ibm.com (Paul Chamberlain) (07/07/90)

In article <1990Jul3.203337.6434@d.cs.okstate.edu> ramkuma@d.cs.okstate.edu (RAMKUMAR P RANGANA) writes:
>	I tried to find out the escape sequence for the
>	vi = .. (entry in termcap) for making the cursor invisible

Xenix uses CF (off) and CN (or was it CO?)

Paul Chamberlain | I do NOT represent IBM	  tif@doorstop, sc30661@ausvm6
512/838-7008	 | ...!cs.utexas.edu!ibmaus!auschs!doorstop.austin.ibm.com!tif