[comp.unix.questions] Troff-to-PostScript Filter

peterson@pipe.cs.fsu.edu (Eric J. Peterson) (07/12/90)

Does anyone know where I can obtain a filter to convert a troff file to
PostScript?  Please respond via E-mail ...

Thanks.

Eric
--
   Eric Peterson <> peterson@nu.cs.fsu.edu <> gatech!nu.cs.fsu.edu!peterson
      FSU CS Systems Support Group * Room 011 Love Bldg * (904) 644-7339

kseshadr@quasar.intel.com (Kishore Seshadri) (07/14/90)

In article <PETERSON.90Jul11142028@pipe.cs.fsu.edu>, peterson@pipe (Eric J. Peterson) writes:
>Does anyone know where I can obtain a filter to convert a troff file to
>PostScript?  Please respond via E-mail ...
>
>Thanks.
>
>Eric
>--

One that I know of is groff from the Free Software Foundation. It
has drivers for both postscript and TeX dvi formats. It can be ftp'd from
prep.ai.mit.edu. If I remember correctly, you need GNU C++  version 1.37.1 or
greater to compile it. It does have some differences from troff though.
I'd be interested in any others that may exist.

Kishore Seshadri
kishore@mipos3.intel.com
Kishore Seshadri (Speaking only for myself) Intel Corp., Santa Clara, CA
CSNET: kseshadr@mipos3.intel.com ARPA: kseshadr%mipos3.intel.com@relay.cs.net
UUCP:{amdcad,decwrl,hplabs,oliveb,pur-ee,qantel}!intelca!mipos3!kseshadr