[comp.unix.questions] Annex flow vs. kermit

max@maxsun.lgc.com (Max Heffler) (07/31/90)

What sequences do I send an Annex terminal server to allow kermit to pass
through binary sequences such as those recognized by the Annex?  Is there
a way to put it in "download" mode?
Thanx in advance...
--
Max Heffler			internet: max@lgc.com
Landmark Graphics Corp.		uucp: ..!uunet!lgc!max

lyndon@cs.athabascau.ca (Lyndon Nerenberg) (07/31/90)

max@maxsun.lgc.com (Max Heffler) writes:

>What sequences do I send an Annex terminal server to allow kermit to pass
>through binary sequences such as those recognized by the Annex?  Is there
>a way to put it in "download" mode?

First, disable the attn character (via the Annex eeprom or the download
file - I can't remember which it is off hand). Then use the following
chat sequence:

	annex: stty iflow none oflow none
	annex: rlogin host

This will give you an eight bit transparent channel. (We use this to
talk uucp g protocol through out Annex).

--
     Lyndon Nerenberg  VE6BBM / Computing Services / Athabasca University
         {alberta,cbmvax,mips}!atha!lyndon || lyndon@cs.athabascau.ca