[comp.unix.questions] Bourne Shell Programming Question

ys@beach.cis.ufl.edu (yogesh shridhare) (08/08/90)

I am writing one shell program and in that I am trying to show some images
by xview and screenload located in one directory.

After showing one image, I want to kill that process and continue the loop.
Does anyone know the way to do it in Bourne Shell?

Many Thanks in advance.

Yogesh Shridhare

ys@beach.cis.ufl.edu

bob@wyse.wyse.com (Bob McGowen x4312 dept208) (08/08/90)

In article <24049@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> ys@beach.cis.ufl.edu () writes:
---lines deleted---

  >After showing one image, I want to kill that process and continue the loop.
  >Does anyone know the way to do it in Bourne Shell?
Perhaps the following code fragment will help:

   # top of your loop
   .
   .
   .
   "xview function here" &  # put the display program in the background
   sleed xxx		    # sleep number of seconds you want to
			    # display the image
   kill $!		    # kill the last process put in background
   .
   .
   .
   # end of your loop

I hope this is helpful.

Bob McGowan  (standard disclaimer, these are my own ...)
Product Support, Wyse Technology, San Jose, CA
..!uunet!wyse!bob
bob@wyse.com

markw@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com (Mark Wolfe) (08/09/90)

/ hpdmd48:comp.unix.questions / ys@beach.cis.ufl.edu (yogesh shridhare) /  5:15 pm  Aug  7, 1990 /