[comp.unix.questions] Cron - First Saturday of the month

jackal@munsell.UUCP (Phil Hammar) (08/09/90)

In article <1990Aug8.185745.16606@iwarp.intel.com> merlyn@iwarp.intel.com (Randal Schwartz) writes:
>In article <19744@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU>, curt@oce (Curt Vandetta) writes:
>|   I'm wondering if anyone has a way of making cron run a job on the
>|   first Saturday of every month?
>
>3 4 1-7 * 6 command
>
>to make 'command' run at 4:03am... adjust the first two fields as
>necessary.  Remember, the parameters are "and"-ed together.

	From the SunOS 4.1 crontab(5) manual page (Quoted without
permission):

     Note: the specification of days may be made  by  two  fields
     (day  of the month and day of the week).  If both are speci-
     fied as a list of elements, both are adhered to.  For  exam-
     ple,

          0 0 1,15 * 1

     would run a command on  the  first  and  fifteenth  of  each
     month,  as well as on every Monday.

From this excerpt (and experience), the day fields are OR'd.  If
anyone know the real way to do this for SunOS 4.X, I'd appreciate the
answer too.

Follow-ups to comp.unix.questions.

			G'day,
			Phil Hammar