[comp.unix.questions] ct for BSD machine...

rembo@unisoft.UUCP (Tony Rems) (08/24/90)

I was wondering if anyone out there has ported or written/re-written
a version of ct for a BSD machine.  For those who don't know ct
is a dial-back getty program.  Specifically, I'm looking for
a copy to run on a Pyramid.  Any help or direction anyone can
give me would be appreciated.

-Tony

P.S.  Please send me e-mail as well as posting to the net if you can.

libes@cme.nist.gov (Don Libes) (08/27/90)

In article <3095@unisoft.UUCP> rembo@unisoft.UUCP (Tony Rems) writes:
>I was wondering if anyone out there has ported or written/re-written
>a version of ct for a BSD machine.  For those who don't know ct
>is a dial-back getty program.  Specifically, I'm looking for
>a copy to run on a Pyramid.  Any help or direction anyone can
>give me would be appreciated.
>P.S.  Please send me e-mail as well as posting to the net if you can.

Since no one has responded to you at all, I'll point you to a
different way of solving the same problem.

In my talk at the last USENIX, I showed a 5-line script to do
dial-back.  I can't repeat the whole talk here but you can read the
paper.  It has a slightly longer version of the same script with all
the details explained.

The paper may be ftp'd as pub/expect.ps.Z from durer.cme.nist.gov.  If
you cannot ftp, you may request email copies by mailing to "library@
cme.nist.gov".  The contects of the message should be (no subject line)
"send pub/expect.ps.Z".

Don Libes          libes@cme.nist.gov      ...!uunet!cme-durer!libes