[net.music] Best Guitarist?

lip@masscomp.UUCP (John Lipinski) (10/14/85)

In article <775@decwrl.UUCP> blickstein@tle.DEC (Dave Blickstein) writes:

>P.S.  By the way, regarding the "best guitarist" debate.  I'm afraid to say
>	that you're all wrong.   The best guitarist/musician of the 80s
>	is Steve Morse.   In fact, he has been voted best overall guitarist in
>	Guitar Players annual poll for the last several years.   Considering
>	that the people who voted are 99% of the serious guitarists in the
>	world, I think that this claim is practically unchallengeable.

Well, if your willing to concede that "Guitar Players" magazine is a source
to respect, why don't you  say who has won the "best overall guitarist" more
times than Steve Morse?  Steve Howe is the only guitarist to win it 5 times
and is the only guitarist to be promoted to the "Hall of Fame" in the "overall"
category.  In your own words, this claim is "practically unchallengeable".

		- John Lipinski		{ihnp4,decvax}!masscomp!lip