[comp.unix.questions] Unix Analytic Support Tools

jkim@atr-19.hac.com (Joseph Kim) (09/12/90)

	I am looking for unix based math analysis tools that can provide
the following functions:

	o	Generation of automatic line graphs, scatter plots, and
		polar plots.  I am looking for such features as the super-
		position of plots, auto-scaling and data fitting,
		displaying of data in either a linear or logarithmic
		fashion along either axis, and driver support for digital
		plotter and high resolution graphics.

	o	A Curve Fitting Toolbox consisting of least squares
		polynomials, multi-linear regressions, parametric and
		non-linear curve fitting, weighted least squares,
		exponential and logarithmic fits, orthogonal polynomials,
		and cross-correlation.

	o	A Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Toolbox consisting of
		data smoothing, differentiation and integration, peak detection,
		convolutions, filtering and Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) packages.

	o	A library of mathematical, graphics, and statistical
		functions consisting of basic mathematical operators,
		descriptive statistics, and array manipulation and control.

	I would appreciate any information on commercial off-the-shelf
products supporting such functions.

Jospeh Kim
Hughes Aircraft Company

root@pubit.sublink.ORG (Arrigo Benedetti) (09/15/90)

jkim@atr-19.hac.com (Joseph Kim) writes:

>	I am looking for unix based math analysis tools that can provide
>the following functions:

>	o	Generation of automatic line graphs, scatter plots, and
>		polar plots.  I am looking for such features as the super-
>		position of plots, auto-scaling and data fitting,
>		displaying of data in either a linear or logarithmic
>		fashion along either axis, and driver support for digital
>		plotter and high resolution graphics.

>	o	A Curve Fitting Toolbox consisting of least squares
>		polynomials, multi-linear regressions, parametric and
>		non-linear curve fitting, weighted least squares,
>		exponential and logarithmic fits, orthogonal polynomials,
>		and cross-correlation.

>	o	A Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Toolbox consisting of
>		data smoothing, differentiation and integration, peak detection,
>		convolutions, filtering and Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) packages.

>	o	A library of mathematical, graphics, and statistical
>		functions consisting of basic mathematical operators,
>		descriptive statistics, and array manipulation and control.

>	I would appreciate any information on commercial off-the-shelf
>products supporting such functions.

>Jospeh Kim
>Hughes Aircraft Company

Mathematica, a package which runs on many platoforms, can deal with most
of your needs.
To get more informations you can contact:

	Wolfram Research, Inc.
	PO Box 6059
	Champaign, IL 61821
	217-398-0700

-Arrigo

--
Arrigo Benedetti                      | USENET:  root@pubit.sublink.ORG
Via S.Agata 11, 41100 Modena - Italy  | BANG:    ..!rutgers!deejay!gear!pubit