[comp.unix.questions] Thanks

jep@fantasci.UUCP (Joseph E Poplawski) (01/21/89)

Just a world of thanks to all of those who helped me with the latest set of
questions I posted.  Again, the net has proven itself to be an invaluable
resource for someone who doesn't have a guru handy!

Thanks again.

-Jo
|  Joseph E Poplawski  (Jo)                   US Mail:  1621 Jackson Street   |
|                                                       Cinnaminson NJ 08077  |
|  UUCP:..!rutgers!rochester!moscom!telesci!fantasci!jep                      |
|       ..!princeton!telesci!fantasci!jep                                     |
|       ..!pyrnj!telesci!fantasci!jep           Phone:  +1 609 786-8099 home  |

rac@sherpa.UUCP (Roger A. Cornelius) (03/02/89)

    Just wanted to say thanks for all the replies I received to
    my question about determining if output is being redirected
    to a file, from within a C program.  Basically everyone gave
    me the same answer, that is to use stat or fstat.

    I didn't need to know the name of the file being redirected
    to as many people thought, only whether the input/output was
	being redirected.  From the replies I got, this is a good thing.

    Thanks again,
    Roger
--
     Roger Cornelius       rac@sherpa
                           uunet!sherpa!rac

glex@uf.msc.umn.edu (Jeffrey Gleixner) (11/16/89)

	Thanks to all who responded to getting spell to work from vi.  I
	haven't had time to try them all, but it was interesting how
	everyone takes care of this problem.

	-Jeff "maybe I'll just learn how to spell" Gleixner-
	glex@msc.umn.edu
-glex-

kwon@acsu.Buffalo.EDU (thomas j kwon) (12/19/89)

In article <14404@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> I wrote:
>I'm a novice hacker who is trying to use 'sed' to extract "certain
>string" of "certain column" of "certain line" of a result of a "certain
>command".
>Since that sounds too confusing, here is what I really mean. By typing
>'ruptime' at the prompt, I get something like the following :
--------------------------  and so on ----------------------------------

Thanks to all who replied to my 'sed' question.
I received about 30 different solutions to the problem. I never
expected this much help, and I'm touched.

                                            Tom.

P.S. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!
     (This includes the non-hackers as well :-)

larryd1@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Larry Clark) (02/12/90)

	Many thanks to those on the net who provided answers and man pages
	on bcopy() and bzero().  I appreciate it.

	Larry Clark

GHC%NIHKLMB.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Gerson H Cohen) (10/11/90)

I wish to thank Richard Wachter and John Merritt who both offered me
copies of their sendmail.cf files from which I now have a working
version and mail system on my Stardent GS-2000 system.

Gerson Cohen, GHC@NIHKLMB (bitnet)