[comp.unix.questions] Imbed spaces in uucp login sequence?

ahm@rick.att.com (Andy Meyer) (10/21/90)

I need to send a two word command as part of a uucp login sequence.
How do I prevent the imbedded space from being interpreted as the
signal to switch from SEND to EXPECT?

The machine is an AT&T 3B2/400 running Sys V rel 3.2.2.
Example /usr/lib/uucp/Systems entry:
oogie Any ACU 1200 5551212 "" \d\r d> "c oogie" ogin: floyd ord: kiddies

Notice the "c oogie" is what I want to send as one string before expecting
"ogin:". So far, the system sends "c" and expects "oogie" which isn't what
I want.

I've tried single quotes as well as double quotes. Neither worked.

Suggestions? Please mail them to me.

Andy
--
 Andreas Meyer, N2FYE        > > > > > > > > >      Internet:ahm@rick.att.com
 "Se habla everything."     < < < < < < < < <           uucp:  ..att!rick!ahm

andrew@root.co.uk (Andrew Dingwall) (10/24/90)

In article <370@rick.att.com> ahm@rick.att.com (Andy Meyer) writes:

>I need to send a two word command as part of a uucp login sequence.
>How do I prevent the imbedded space from being interpreted as the
>signal to switch from SEND to EXPECT?
>
>The machine is an AT&T 3B2/400 running Sys V rel 3.2.2.
>Example /usr/lib/uucp/Systems entry:
>oogie Any ACU 1200 5551212 "" \d\r d> "c oogie" ogin: floyd ord: kiddies

Presumably you are running HDB uucp; this should interpret \s as a space
character.

Some versions of uucp understand C octal escape sequences.
On such systems, use \040 for space.

--
Andrew Dingwall  UniSoft Ltd., Saunderson House, Hayne Street, London EC1A 9HH
andrew@root.co.uk ..!mcsun!ukc!root44!andrew +44-71-315-6600 FAX:+44-71-315-6622