[comp.unix.questions] Where can I get mkdep ?

root@pubit.sublink.ORG (Arrigo Benedetti) (10/19/90)

Anyone knows what mkdep is and where I can get it?

I'm trying to compile rfmail, a nice Unix/fidonet mailer, but the makefile
uses the mkdep (make depend ?) command, which is not available on my
system (SCO Unix 3.2.0).
In case mkdep is a proprietary command, is there a public domain version
somewhere ?

	Thanks in advance,

-Arrigo

--
Arrigo Benedetti                      | USENET:  root@pubit.sublink.ORG
Via S.Agata 11, 41100 Modena - Italy  | BANG:    ..!rutgers!deejay!gear!pubit

rembo@unisoft.UUCP (Tony Rems) (10/26/90)

In article <53@pubit.sublink.ORG> root@pubit.sublink.ORG (Arrigo Benedetti) writes:
>Anyone knows what mkdep is and where I can get it?
>
>In case mkdep is a proprietary command, is there a public domain version
>somewhere ?
>
>	Thanks in advance,

If what you want is the makedepend program,
you can get it from Usenet or anonymous ftp to uunet.

it's under ~/athena/zephyr/makedepend.tar.Z

In case you don't know (no condescendence intended :) ):

  enter:  uucp uunet\!~/athena/zephyr/makedepend.tar.Z /usr/spool/uucppublic

You should find it in /usr/spool/uucppublic sometime today or tomorrow
  depending how your system works.

-Tony