[comp.unix.questions] RCS versus SCCS

martin@macadam.mqcs.mq.oz.au (Martin Foord) (10/25/90)

Could anyone please send me some information on rcs compared to sccs. What
are the pros and cons of each of them, and which is pragmatically better?

						Martin.

gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) (10/26/90)

In article <667@macuni.mqcc.mq.oz> martin@macadam.mqcs.mq.oz.au (Martin Foord) writes:
>Could anyone please send me some information on rcs compared to sccs. What
>are the pros and cons of each of them, and which is pragmatically better?

Which is better, a Martini or a Manhattan?

bad@atrain.sw.stratus.com (Bruce Dumes) (10/26/90)

In article <667@macuni.mqcc.mq.oz> martin@macadam.mqcs.mq.oz.au (Martin Foord) writes:
>Could anyone please send me some information on rcs compared to sccs. What
>are the pros and cons of each of them, and which is pragmatically better?
>
>						Martin.

Sure.

RCS - great taste

SCCS - less filling

This is not entirely a smart a*s answer, you know.  The question "which is
better" cannot have a definative answer and is very much personal opinion.
(PLEASE OH PLEASE don't ask "which is better c or fortran?" :^) :^)

--
Bruce Dumes			|  "You don't see many of *these* nowdays, |
bad@zen.cac.stratus.com		|   do you?"				   |