[comp.unix.questions] Source for -man macros?

nelson@epiwrl.EPI.COM (Ken Nelson) (10/24/90)

We would like to get the source for the nroff macro set for man
pages (-man).  Is that available?  Where?

		Thanks,

			Ken Nelson
			Entropic Research Laboratory
			(202) 547-1420

In article <3712@epiwrl.EPI.COM> nelson@epiwrl.EPI.COM (Ken Nelson) writes:
>We would like to get the source for the nroff macro set for man
>pages (-man).  Is that available?  Where?

The -man macros are part of various Unix distributions and hence are covered
by Unix licensing.  They are not freely redistributable, no way no how.

On the other hand, the awf text formatter that recently appeared in
comp.sources.unix has its own man macros, which are almost legal troff
macros as well.
--
The type syntax for C is essentially   | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
unparsable.             --Rob Pike     |  henry@zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry

teexnma@ioe.lon.ac.uk (Nino Margetic) (10/27/90)

In article <1990Oct25.153141.23481@zoo.toronto.edu> henry@zoo.toronto.edu (Henry Spencer) writes:
>In article <3712@epiwrl.EPI.COM> nelson@epiwrl.EPI.COM (Ken Nelson) writes:
>>We would like to get the source for the nroff macro set for man
>>pages (-man).  Is that available?  Where?
>
>On the other hand, the awf text formatter that recently appeared in
>comp.sources.unix has its own man macros, which are almost legal troff
>macros as well.

Some kind soul some time ago said that he/she fixed the AWF to work
under MSDOS. Could we see the diffs??
Thanks in advance.

--Nino
--