[comp.unix.questions] humanitarian request

bob@consult.UUCP (Bob Willey) (11/11/90)

In aticle <26697.273c1a17@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> petrino@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>We would appreciate your responding to the request of Craig Shergold who
>is a seven year old boy with an inoperable tumor on his brain.
>He has not been given a very long time to live and it is Craig's ambition
>to enter the Guiness Book of World Records for the largest number of get
>well cards ever received by an individual.

This story has been going around for several years now.
And Craig is now much older than 7yrs old and still alive.  He is
doing well.

His mother has requested several times in major magazine to
NOT send any more letters.

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS INQUIRY.  It is well-meant, but..

We had researched this item a while back when there was quite a
bit of activity and we found that most businesses were spending
about 20hrs of productive time to this cause.

Craig is not 11or12 years old (to give you an idea how long this has
been going around.