[comp.unix.questions] Mt. Xinu BSD 4.4 for i386 systems?

betz@marob.masa.com (Tom Betz) (11/27/90)

I keep reading and hearing rumors that Mt. Xinu is about to
release a BSD 4.4 for the i386 family... can someone from there
please post the straight poop about anticipated availability and
price range?

Thanks.
--
-----------------------------------------------------| hombre!marob!upaya!tbetz
"Ever since the fateful day when Al heard about      |

shore@mtxinu.COM (Melinda Shore) (11/27/90)

In article <2751A6B0.FF2@marob.masa.com> betz@marob.masa.com (Tom Betz) writes:
>I keep reading and hearing rumors that Mt. Xinu is about to
>release a BSD 4.4 for the i386 family... can someone from there
>please post the straight poop about anticipated availability and
>price range?

We have *no* plans to release 4.4 for the 386 or any other
architecture.  We're very close to having a source release of
Mach 2.5 for the 386 ready (yes, you need an AT&T license).
We've also started work on a binary Mach product for the 386;
no release date, pricing, or other info available yet.  Both
source and binary releases will provide the 4.3-tahoe environment,
X, etc., on top of the Mach kernel.  More information is
available from mtxinu-mach@mtxinu.com.
--
                      Deport Neil Bush
Melinda Shore                                 shore@mtxinu.com