[comp.unix.questions] Signature Files on UNIX

3px@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Lisa Purvis) (11/20/90)

I was wondering if someone could answer a question for me.
How do I create and use a signature file?  Thanks in advance.

--Lisa Purvis
  3px@mace.cc.purdue.edu

acs17111@uop.EDU (M H Misnan) (11/20/90)

3px@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Lisa Purvis) writes:

>I was wondering if someone could answer a question for me.
>How do I create and use a signature file?  Thanks in advance.

  Just create you signature in .signature file.

>--Lisa Purvis
>  3px@mace.cc.purdue.edu
Mohd H. Misnan              */*  Internet address:
University of The Pacific, */*        acs17111@uop.uop.edu
Stockton, CA 95211        */*         hmisnan@madvax.uop.edu

det@hawkmoon.MN.ORG (Derek E. Terveer) (11/28/90)

3px@mace.cc.purdue.edu (Lisa Purvis) writes:

>I was wondering if someone could answer a question for me.
>How do I create and use a signature file?  Thanks in advance.

The application has to know to use one to make use of it.  Simply:

vi ~/.signature

and put a signature in there.  Some mailers and news reading programs
automatically include the signature file.

--
Derek Terveer						det@hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Minnesota Field Hockey Association,  North Central Section