[comp.unix.questions] Wanted: The Hacker's Dictionary

ethan@thinc.UUCP (Ethan Lish of THINC) (11/27/90)

Well, The subject line says it all.....I would like to loacte a copy
of "The Hacker's Dictionary"....Do *YOU* know where it may be loacted?

		Thanks,
			Ethan
--
             "Exploring the COSMOS one byte at a time."

Ethan Lish ___________   301.652.0651  __________ thinc!ethan@uunet.uu.net
Tomorrow's Horizons, Inc. 4807 Bethesda Ave, #330, Bethesda, MD 20814-5299

eric@snark.thyrsus.com (Eric S. Raymond) (11/28/90)

In <120@thinc.UUCP> Ethan Lish of THINC wrote:
> Well, The subject line says it all.....I would like to loacte a copy
> of "The Hacker's Dictionary"....Do *YOU* know where it may be loacted?

The book you cite (ed. by Guy Steele, Harper & Row 1983) is obsolescent and
out of print. I am the anointed-by-Guy maintainer of the *new* Jargon File
which should be available for ftp on rutgers by the time you read this.
--
      Eric S. Raymond = eric@snark.thyrsus.com  (mad mastermind of TMN-Netnews)