[comp.unix.questions] Autobaud getty for SCO UNIX - help wanted

sysop@mixcom.UUCP (System Operator) (11/30/90)

Have you, or anyone, installed a (public domain)
autobaud getty on an SCO UNIX 3.2 system?  I am
seeking help to do that.

I have source for two getty programs.  Neither seems
to work, failing to read from the tty port.  The problem
is not the programs, since they work elsewhere.
The problem is either me (I'm not installing them right)
or something unique to SCO UNIX that I have not discovered yet.

I've checked ownership and permissions.  Nothing seems
to help.  If you've installed an autobaud getty on
an SCO UNIX system, please email me with the details!
Thank you.

Dean Roth
--
    Milwaukee Information eXchange (MIX), public access *NIX/Usenet
        MIX Communications, P.O. Box 17166, Milwaukee, WI 53217

vlr@litwin.com (Vic Rice) (12/06/90)

sysop@mixcom.UUCP (System Operator) writes:

>Have you, or anyone, installed a (public domain)
>autobaud getty on an SCO UNIX 3.2 system?  I am
>seeking help to do that.

I have successfully installed the FAS driver version 2.07 PL0 under
SCO ODT version 1.0.0y. Installation was amazingly simple and well
documented. This driver provides for shared line usage as well support
for NS16550AFN UART's. Great package !!!
--
Dr. Victor L. Rice
Litwin Process Automation