[comp.unix.questions] crypt routine needed

ric@ace.sri.com (Richard Steinberger) (12/14/90)

	I am trying to build Patrick Naughton's xlock program on a
Multiflow computer.  Unfortunately (for me), I don't have the crypt
routine used in xlock.c.  Does anyone know of a way to procure
such an animal.  Multiflow is no longer in business, so getting the
source would be "helpful".  Thanks for any suggestions.

regards,

	ric steinberger
	ric@ace.sri.com

hotte@sunrise.in-berlin.de (Horst Laumer) (12/17/90)

ric@ace.sri.com (Richard Steinberger) writes:

>	I am trying to build Patrick Naughton's xlock program on a
>Multiflow computer.  Unfortunately (for me), I don't have the crypt
>routine used in xlock.c.  Does anyone know of a way to procure
>such an animal.  Multiflow is no longer in business, so getting the
>source would be "helpful".  Thanks for any suggestions.

>regards,

>	ric steinberger
>	ric@ace.sri.com

As far as I know (I'm not an X guru), there exist huge numbers of crypt-
algorythms. The only chance I see for you (besides getting the adequate
source from an insider) is request __any__ crypt-source you can get and
try it out. I for myself have found 3 different crypt-algs (stand-alone,
'sc'(PD), 'uemacs3.9e'(PD)), so I see a good deal of work coming on to
you.

Hope not to disappoint you, but that's the fact _I_ know.

--HL

Horst Laumer, Kantstrasse 107, D-1000 Berlin 12 ! Bang-Adress: Junk-Food
Domain: hotte@sunrise.in-berlin.de              ! for Autorouters -- me --
Bang:   ...unido!fub!geminix!sunrise.in-berlin.de!hotte