[comp.unix.questions] Repost: Question about Shared Memory and Malloc

howie@voodoo.voodoo.uucp (howie) (12/19/90)

Sorry if this is redundant.  Our poster seems to have trashed my first attempt.

Here's a question for someone with experience with shared memory (and malloc).

I have a pointer in a segment, shared by two processes.  If one of the
processes does a malloc(), will the other process have access to that
portion of memory that has been malloced.

Thanks for any help.
--
				       howie

				       uunet!bcstec!voodoo!howie

In article <649@voodoo.UUCP> howie@voodoo.voodoo.uucp (howie) writes:
>I have a pointer in a segment, shared by two processes.  If one of the
>processes does a malloc(), will the other process have access to that
>portion of memory that has been malloced.

No.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170