[comp.unix.questions] Compress for Xenix 286

lee@gdc.portal.com (Seng-Poh Lee, (203) 758-1811 Ext 7728) (12/24/90)

Does anyone out there have a version of Compress that will compile and work
with Xenix 286 V2.2? I have tried the version in comp.sources.unix together
with the Xenix patches and it STILL doesn't work. If anyone out there has
a working source, I would appreciate it. Also, what is the best ftp source
for Xenix stuff on Internet?

Seng-Poh Lee                              lee@gdc.portal.com
                                          cc to: lee%splee.uucp@hsi.com

jpr@jpradley.jpr.com (Jean-Pierre Radley) (12/28/90)

In article <724@gdc.portal.com> lee@gdc.portal.com (Seng-Poh Lee, (203) 758-1811 Ext 7728) writes:
>Does anyone out there have a version of Compress that will compile and work
>with Xenix 286 V2.2? I have tried the version in comp.sources.unix together
>with the Xenix patches and it STILL doesn't work. If anyone out there has
>a working source, I would appreciate it. Also, what is the best ftp source
>for Xenix stuff on Internet?

I've sent you the source to the 4.3d version of compress which was developed in
the UnixForum on Compuserve.

I'm not altogether sure about Xenix 2.2, but I do know the code compiles on a
Tandy 6000, on Xenix 2.3, on MS-DOS, on SCO Unix, and a few other besides.

 Jean-Pierre Radley	    NYC Public Unix	jpr@jpr.com	CIS: 72160,1341

lee@gdc.portal.com (Seng-Poh Lee, (203) 758-1811 Ext 7728) (12/28/90)

In article <724@gdc.portal.com>, lee@gdc.portal.com (Seng-Poh Lee, (203) 758-1811 Ext 7728) writes:
> Does anyone out there have a version of Compress that will compile and work
> with Xenix 286 V2.2? I have tried the version in comp.sources.unix together
> with the Xenix patches and it STILL doesn't work. If anyone out there has
> a working source, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for all the responses. I will be trying some of the code I received.