[comp.unix.questions] Public Domain ftpd

drears@pica.army.mil (Dennis G. Rears (FSAC)) (01/03/91)

  Does anyone know if there is a 'secure' PD implimentation of ftpd, that
supports logging of anonymous logins and files transferred?  Thanks.

dennis

bob@MorningStar.Com (Bob Sutterfield) (01/03/91)

In article <25368@adm.brl.mil> drears@pica.army.mil (Dennis G. Rears (FSAC)) writes:
   Does anyone know if there is a 'secure' PD implimentation of ftpd,
   that supports logging of anonymous logins and files transferred?

Get uunet.uu.net:~ftp/bsd-sources/libexec/ftpd/*.  It's free, but not
PD, and probably not secure enough for you.  Salt to taste.

seindal@diku.dk (Rene' Seindal) (01/05/91)

bob@MorningStar.Com (Bob Sutterfield) writes:

> In article <25368@adm.brl.mil> drears@pica.army.mil (Dennis G. Rears (FSAC)) writes:
>    Does anyone know if there is a 'secure' PD implimentation of ftpd,
>    that supports logging of anonymous logins and files transferred?

I added some logging faclities to a 4.3bsd ftpd from uunet some time
ago.  It can be ftp'ed from freja.diku.dk (129.142.96.1) in
/pub/4.3bsd/ftpd.tar.Z.  It is based on a version of ftpd that is about
a year old.  It is not PD, but freely distributable.

Rene' Seindal (seindal@diku.dk)