[comp.unix.questions] man pages

C463435@umcvmb.missouri.edu (Don Ingli) (05/26/89)

Where can I get a copy of the all man pages (text files)???

Are there public domain man pages???

Anyone have a UUCP phone I can dial up and get the pages???(legally??)
Or can someone send them to this account via bitnet???

Don...

spl@mcnc.org (Steve Lamont) (05/26/89)

In article <19762@adm.BRL.MIL> C463435@umcvmb.missouri.edu (Don Ingli) writes:

>Where can I get a copy of the all man pages (text files)???
>
>Are there public domain man pages???

Uh... have you checked in your local bookstore?  Last time I was in a
B.Dalton's I found a complete manual set.  Certainly much less a pain in
the tushie than fishing up man pages from some server...

--
							spl
Steve Lamont, sciViGuy			EMail:	spl@ncsc.org

johnb@lakesys.lakesys.com (John C. Burant) (02/24/90)

I'm looking for the man pages for the following commands:
[the system is either missing them or wouldn't have them anyway, and I'd like]
[to see them.]

uuencode/decode
ksh (Korn shell)

Could you send them if you have them?
Thanks...
-John
--
John C. Burant
johnb@lakesys.lakesys.COM

david@talgras.UUCP (David Hoopes) (01/09/91)

Hello net-land,

    How do you create a file that can be read by man?  Where does
it need to be installed?  Same questions for the help command in
SCO Xenix?

    I have never used any of the text processing utilities but I need
to create a man/help entry for an application that I have written.  If
you tell my to RTFM would you please include which FM.

		Thanks in advance.

David Hoopes                              Tallgras Technologies Inc.
uunet!talgras!david                       11100 W 82nd St.
Voice: (913) 492-6002 x323                Lenexa, Ks  66214