[comp.unix.questions] Unisys Terminals

) (02/14/91)

A friend of mine who does not have access to the net ask me to
post the following UNIX QUESTION.

Would anybody like to purchase the following terminals?

E-mail your best offer.  Agreed price will be F.O.B. Montreal.

MAKE      MODEL     QTY   AMOUNT
================================
UNISYS    SVT1120    51     ??
UNISYS    SVT1121    17     ??
UNISYS    UTS20W     94     ??
UNISYS    UTS30W    114     ??

--
Phillips Consulting Group, Inc.        | John E. Phillips
P.O. Box 903                           |---------------------------------------

darrell@eeocdt.UUCP (Darrell Tschakert) (02/18/91)

In article <1391@pcgbase.UUCP> jep@pcgbase.UUCP (Have a nice day!) writes:
>A friend of mine who does not have access to the net ask me to
>post the following UNIX QUESTION.
>
>Would anybody like to purchase the following terminals?
>
>E-mail your best offer.  Agreed price will be F.O.B. Montreal.
>
>MAKE      MODEL     QTY   AMOUNT

I am fairly new on this net and, as such, am still unclear on some
of the protocols. Perhaps an oldtimer would help me on this one.

The question is this: "Is this the appropriate newsgroup for selling
hardware?". I guess it was a "UNIX QUESTION". But still I wander ... .

When I tried to respond from rn with the 'F' option, I got an
error. I assume that this was do to the way the message was posted.
The Newsgroup was filled in as follows: "Newsgroups: poster".

Do people often use "poster" as their entry for Newsgroup? If so
can anyone tell me why?

Thanx.

gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) (02/19/91)

In article <129@eeocdt.UUCP> darrell@eeocdt.UUCP (Darrell Tschakert) writes:
>The question is this: "Is this the appropriate newsgroup for selling
>hardware?".

No, it certainly is not appropriate to attempt to exploit the technical
newsgroups (many of which, like this one, are gatewayed with the DoD
Internet) for blatantly commercial purposes.  It is also ethically
unacceptable since it forces everybody else to involuntarily bear the
financial burden.  However, there are always some turkeys who simply
don't wish to cooperate, and it's difficult to force them to.

>The Newsgroup was filled in as follows: "Newsgroups: poster".

I understand that some news-interface software understands that
convention.  I know that the software the I use does not.