[comp.unix.questions] 386 emulation on 680x0

acarlson@math.umass.edu (Adam Carlson) (03/01/91)

Hi, does anyone know of an emulator that will let me run MS-DOS
programs on a Sun 3/80 (68030).  Does such a monster exist?

Adam Carlson
acarlson@math.umass.edu

thad@btr.BTR.COM (Thaddeus P. Floryan) (03/01/91)

In article <26169@adm.brl.mil> acarlson@math.umass.edu (Adam Carlson) writes:
>Hi, does anyone know of an emulator that will let me run MS-DOS
>programs on a Sun 3/80 (68030).  Does such a monster exist?

Hunter Systems (either Palo Alto, Mountain View, or San Jose CA) has a
product named "Cross-DOS" that purportedly "decompiles" MS-DOS programs and
"translates" them to run native on several UNIX platforms, Sun included.

Try sending mail to ...!xdos!postmaster for more info.

Thad Floryan [ thad@btr.com (OR) {decwrl, mips, fernwood}!btr!thad ]

CJani.Henr801h@xerox.com (03/01/91)

Q:
Hi, does anyone know of an emulator that will let me run MS-DOS
programs on a Sun 3/80 (68030).  Does such a monster exist?

Adam Carlson
acarlson@math.umass.edu

R:

	I have used a product on an HP/Apollo 9000/400 (68030) called
	SoftPC. It will run on character or X/Bitmap displays. The package
	was from a 3rd party software house, but can't remember who it
	was. I am pretty sure it will run on a SUN 3 as well. You could contact
	HP or look it up in a software catalog.

Disclaimer:

Nobody is responsible for anything. Anything controversial found herein
is formally withdrawn and/or denied.