[comp.unix.questions] AT&T STARLAN drivers for 386 UNIX wanted

P_SECINARO@unhh.unh.edu (03/03/91)

	I have an old AT&T STARLAN Network Access Unit card for the IBM
XT bus that I would like to use in my 386 UNIX box.  Does anyone know of any
drivers that I could use that would allow me to connect the 386 machine to
an AT&T 3B2/400 via STARLAN and RFS?  The 386 is running AT&T UNIX System V
Release 3.2 version 2.1.  The 3B2 is also running AT&T SVR3.2 and Starlan
Release 1.1 (this is OLD stuff, but we could use some extra drive space).
I'm especially interested in freely available software, if any.
Thanks,
Paul Secinaro
P_SECINARO@UNHH.UNH.EDU

In article <26184@adm.brl.mil> P_SECINARO@unhh.unh.edu writes:

>	I have an old AT&T STARLAN Network Access Unit card for the IBM
>XT bus that I would like to use in my 386 UNIX box.  Does anyone know of any
>drivers that I could use that would allow me to connect the 386 machine to
>an AT&T 3B2/400 via STARLAN and RFS?  The 386 is running AT&T UNIX System V
>Release 3.2 version 2.1.  The 3B2 is also running AT&T SVR3.2 and Starlan
>Release 1.1 (this is OLD stuff, but we could use some extra drive space).
>I'm especially interested in freely available software, if any.

You are not likely to be able to connect these two systems without updating
the 3B2 software.  The old and new starlan software versions won't talk
to each other.  You can do what you want with current software releases
but it isn't going to be cheap.

Les Mikesell
  les@chinet.chi.il.us