[comp.unix.questions] where to get SVID and/or POSIX 1003.1?

einari@rhi.hi.is (Einar Indridason) (03/12/91)

The subject says it.
Are the SVID (system V interface document) and/or POSIX 1003.1 available
for anonymous ftp?

Or by any other mean?

thanks in adv.

(PS. if you think that this is not apropriate for this newsgroup, and you are
considering flameing me, redirect it to /dev/null.)

--
Internet:    einari@rhi.hi.is        |   "Just give me my command line and drag
UUCP:    ..!mcsun!isgate!rhi!einari  |   the GUIs to the waste basket!!!!"

Surgeon Generals warning:  Masking the 8th bit can seriously damage your brain!!

gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) (03/13/91)

In article <2882@krafla.rhi.hi.is> einari@rhi.hi.is (Einar Indridason) writes:
>Are the SVID (system V interface document) and/or POSIX 1003.1 available
>for anonymous ftp?

Most such standards are NOT available electronically, only in paper form.

The SVID (3rd Edition, 4 Volumes) is published by UNIX Software Operation
and can probably still be ordered from AT&T's Customer Information Center
(sorry, I don't have the address or phone number at hand).  I've also seen
it in better bookstores.